November 2020 Club Meeting Minutes (11/7/20)

  • 175th meeting of Flying Aces Pilots Association!
  • There are currently 85 members of FAPA
    • Earnings call for 2020. Our current capital requirements have been discussed and our requirement for  funding has been broadened for next year.
  • Cracks have been repaired by parks and recreation. Discussion on funding for the batteries inside the charging center, with each battery costing around $1100
  • Parks and recreation sprayed to kill weeds around the edge of the runway.
  • Reports of radio interference causing problems flying:
    • All are welcome to use Trey’s Frequency Spectrum Analyzer to check for signal interference. The FSA Checks for any hard interference in DSMX transmitters/receivers. Trey did not find any Evidence of hard interference. Always place receivers and satellites away from the battery, and try not to bury the receiver deep within the aircraft’s fuselage. Ask any seasoned pilot for advice if you’re unsure. 
  • All office positions have been filled. Thank you officers!
  • We sold more tickets than Ever! Thanks to all members who helped with the fly in!
  • Discussion on the possibility of adding cashless entries for members who do not use cash.
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVAN, JIM AND ANTHONY!
  • There have been batteries left at Waymer 
    • It’s everyone’s responsibility to properly dispose of LiPO batteries. Leaving live LiPO batteries is Strictly prohibited at Waymer.
  • The Location and time of the next meeting discussed
  • END

RUNWAY CLOSURE FOR 11/3/2020

The runway will be closed on Tuesday, 11/3/2020 for repairs. Flying will resume on Wednesday, 11/4/2020. 

 

 October 2020 Warbird Fly in! (10/24/2020)

  • Thanks to everyone who made this date possible. With contributions from Pam Russ, Trey Chandler and Jimoh Ahmed for providing the catering for the event.
  • Extending a special welcome to our newest club members; Thank you for joining us!
  • Big thank you to Jay Kuster for exceptional park coordination. His dedication to the coordination of our park will have a long lasting effect on our great park.

RAFFLE WINNERS:

– (1st Ticket) David Cabana
-(2nd Ticket) Buddy Auer
-(3rd Ticket) Pam Russ
-(4th Ticket) Trey Chandler
-(5th Ticket) Carlos Casas
  • We were able to take many pictures witch are posted on this site and our Facebook page. 

 

June 2020 Club Meeting Minutes (06/06/20)

  • First meeting at the field for 2020
  • Park Gate
    • Anthony fixed the county’s side of the gate by cementing the pole in place
    • We should continue to lock the gate behind us when arriving and leaving. The last person leaving should ensure the charging station is locked as well.
  • Fly In
    • We are still planning on having our Oct Fly In
    • Will discuss details at later meetings
  • Flag Pole
    • It was brought up that the flag should be flown according to national standards (ie. can’t be tattered and must be lit when flown at night or taken down daily)
    • Also we don’t have authority to place a flag on the pavilion as it is county property.
    • A motion was made and seconded to purchase a flag pole and fasten to the charging station container. A light of some sort (solar or 12v w/ timer) will be placed to illuminate the flag.
  • Helicopter club
    • Metrolina Control Line Society confirmed it was ok for the helicopters to fly on the grass circle when they are not using it.
    • Scott Graham is working on getting a club chartered for helicopter flyers. To be named Race City Rotors.
    • Initially the new flight line will be for helicopters only but will discuss opening to others that can fly within the limits of the grass circle (multirotors, park flyers, etc).
  • Demonstration event
    • An opportunity for a flight demo day has been presented at Brookdale/Weddington Retirement Home
    • Flying would be in their parking lot and was mentioned that it is a tight area
    • There is a YMCA field across the street that may offer more room
    • If interested contact Scott Graham
  • Member Appreciation Day
    • It was suggested that we have a member appreciation day on July 4th
    • A motion was made for the club to provide food/drinks
    • Evan, Terry and Jim volunteered to get food and drinks
  • In Memorium Plaque
    • Since we cannot place plaques in the pavilion area a motion was made and seconded to get a plaque on which we can place the names of individuals we would like to recognize.
    • This can be placed in the frequency control billboard area.
    • It was also suggested to ad an In-memorium Page to the website
  • Field Repairs
    • Jay is working on the crack repair. Weather has not been cooperative.

May 2020 Club Meeting Minutes (05/06/20)

  • First Club Zoom meeting
  • Discussed social distancing and COVID while at the field
    • We should limit out contact with others while at the field
    • Park Pass holders should lock the gate behind them when arriving and leaving. Must show park pass to gain entry.
  • We have had several members pass away over the last few months.
    • We discussed getting plaques for them.
    • We have a few plaques that have been placed on the pavilion posts.
    • We don’t have authority to place anything on the pavilion structure.
    • A motion was made and seconded to get plaques for them
  • Pilot Stations
    • A reminder was brought up that people need to fly at the pilot stations. This has been an ongoing issue and people need to be reminded
    • For FPV flyers it is ok to fly from the tables.
    • The reminder is for the safety of people being near the runway and not being fully aware of what is happening around them. Safety first.
  • Helicopters
    • The subject was brought up about the helicopter guys flying on the grass control line circle.
    • Max said he would check with the CL Club leadership but did not see an issue with it as long as the CL guys weren’t flying from that circle.
    • Scott was going to have a few guys fly up there to see if they were comfortable flying there.
    • We will have to establish the area as a new flight line.
    • This does not exclude anyone from flying helicopters on the RC flight line. This is just an additional space for the to fly.
    • Scott is working on establishing a helicopter club to become part of WACAMA
  • Field repairs
    • Jay will communicate potential work days for fixing the crack and modifying the remaining pilot stations

March 2020 Club Meeting Minutes (03/05/20)

  • 11 MEMBERS PRESENT
  • MEETING CALLED TO ORDER AT 7:30
  • FROM VICE PRESIDENT, JAY KUSTER, THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO SENT EMAILS TO THE FAA. JAY SHOWED VIDEO FROM THE AMA OFFICIERS THANKING EVERYONE FOR SENDING THE EMAILS.
  • COMMENTS: 50,000 MEMBERS SENT IN EMAILS, IT WILL BE AWHILE BEFORE ANY DECISIONS ARE MADE BY THE FAA.
  • MINUTES FROM THE LAST MEETING ARE ON THE WEBSITE, EVAN MADE
    • MOTION TO ACCEPT THE MINUTES FROM LAST MEETING, TERRY SECOND-
    • MINUTES APPROVED
  • REPORT OF OFFICIERS:
    • PRESIDENT, VIC ABSENT
    • VICE PRESIDENT, JAY KUSTER, MAINTENANCE NEEDED AT FIELD
    • SECRETARY – DWAYNE ABSENT
    • TREASURER – JAY REPORTS WE HAVE $6,160.89 IN BANK, WITH 62 ACTIVE MEMBERS
    • SAFETY OFFICIER – NONE
  • UNIFINISHED BUSINESS –
    • FLY IN DATES ARE 3/28, 5/16, 10/24
    • LOCKS HAVE BEEN CHANGED AT THE FIELD, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE NEW KEY PLEASE LET VIC KNOW.
    • IF YOU ARE THE LAST TO LEAVE THE FIELD YOU MUST LOCK THE CHARGING STATION AND ALSO LOCK THE GATE AS YOU LEAVE.
    • IT WAS MENTIONED THAT THE PARK RANGERS NEED TO STOP UNLOCKING THE GATE IN THE MORNING. NEED TO HAVE VIC CHECK INTO THIS.
    • FIELD MAINTENANCE – A CRACK IN THE RUNWAY NEEDS TO BE REPAIRED, JAY HAS FOUND A CAULK THAT SHOULD WORK. FLYING STATIONS NEED TO BE COMPLETED AS WELL. ON THE AFTERNOON OF 3/16 THERE WILL BE A “WORK DAY”. JOE, SCOTT, EVAN AND LOREN WILL HELP. ANYONE THAT CAN COME HELP IS ENCOURAGED TO DO SO. PLEASE CONTACT JAY KUSTER TO CONFIRM THE TIME TO MEET, HE IS THINKING AROUND 4PM
  • NEW BUSINESS –
    • SOME IDEAS FOR THE 3/28 FLY IN ARE TO HAVE PIZZA FOR
      • LUNCH, TERRY WILL COORINDATE, ANY VOLUNTEERS WOULD BE APPRIECATED.
      • POSSIBLY HAVE A BOMB DROP, DEAD STICK LANDINGS, LIMBO, BALLOON BURST ETC.
      • SCOTT WILL TRY TO GET PRIZES FROM A MAIN. DWAYNE TO GET OTHER PRIZES.
      • IT WAS SUGGESTED TO POSSIBLY GET GIFT CARDS FOR THE DRAWING FROM MOTION RC, HOBBY TOWN ETC
      • IT WAS ALSO DISCUSSED ABOUT POSSIBLY GETTING SOME PROS TO COME OUT AND DEMO OR POSSIBLY COME TO MEETINGS TO SPEAK.
    • IT WAS BROUGHT UP THAT THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE NOT FLYING FROM THE PILOT STATIONS.
  • JOE MOVED TO ADJORN, TERRY SECOND
    • ADJORNED AT 8:45

THANKS TO JESSICA KUSTER FOR TAKING NOTES

February 2020 Club Meeting Minutes (02/12/20)

  • OLD BUSINESS
    • 2020 Fly Ins
      • Discussed 2020 fly in dates again. A date changed was suggested due to a conflict with a swap meet
        • Mar 21 Fly In changed to Mar 28
      • REVISED FLY IN SCHEDULE
        • Mar 28 – Spring Fun-Fly Fly In (Date Change)
        • May 16 – Summer Fly In (Theme TBA) – Sanctioned
        • October 24 – Warbirds Over Waymer – Sanctioned
  • NEW BUSINESS
    • FAA Remote-ID NPRM (URGENT)
      • We are in jeopardy of losing our rights to fly our airplanes, helicopters, drones, gliders, etc.
      • Everyone should take time and make the effort to comment on the current proposal for Remote ID. It is extremely restrictive. The comment period ends Mar 2.
      • Each of us should make individual, even multiple different comments. They remove obviously duplicate/form letter type comments.
      • PLEASE MAKE YOUR COMMENTS BEFORE THE COMMENT PERIOD ENDS!!
    • Fly In Volunteers
      • We need volunteers to come up with and lead activities during the fly in. Current suggestion…
        • Bomb Drops – Chris suggested a bomb drop event. He 3D printed some mechanisms and bought some nerf style bombs.
        • WE NEED MORE SUGGESTIONS!!!
    • WACAMA Info
      • The locks should be changed soon to the 2020 key. We are waiting on parts the will make the locks retain the key until re-locked.
      • When unlocking the gate please lock the gate to the retaining post to keep it from swinging closed.
    • Field Maintenance
      • Runway Repair
        • We are going to repair the crack in the runway with a caulk type material. Are just waiting for a warm day to do this. The material to be used has temperature requirements
        • We will schedule a work day to accomplish this and some other repairs, before the next fly in. The field will be closed to flying during this work day. Date to be discussed during next meeting. We will also need volunteers to help during the work day.
      • Flying Stations
        • Jay Kuster is working on putting the feet on the two end pilot stations to have them match the other stations.
    • Field Safety
      • Please be aware of spectators. We need to ensure spectators, anyone who is not a pilot or spotter, should not be in the flying or pit area past the fence. This is for everyone’s safety.
  • Next meeting March 5, 2020 7pm at the Galway Hooker in Cornelius.
    • Come early and have dinner. 1/2 price appetizers. A lot of us meet at 6pm for dinner. Please join us.

January 2020 Club Meeting Minutes (01/09/2020)

  • OLD BUSINESS
    • 2020 Fly Ins
      • Fly in dates were discussed again during the meeting.
      • Confirmed Dates:
        • Mar 21 – Spring Fly In (Theme TBA)
        • May 16 – Summer Fly In (Theme TBA)
        • October 24 – Warbirds Over Waymer (DATE CHANGE)
      • We need ideas for events for the fun fly. Please have event ideas, rules, etc ready for discussion at the next meeting.
  • Flying Stations
    • Jay completed the pilot stations. They look great and we are glad to have the old ones replaced. THANKS JAY!!
    • Of course no good deed go unpunished so it was suggested that the two remaining stations at the far ends of the fields be updated to look like the new stations.Jay said he would work on this.
  • Church Education Programs / Fly In Space
    • Vic met with the church wanting us to provide classes on flight, RC models and building, etc. They are looking for instructors that can make a few nights a week commitment (paid for time). We initially were approaching this as a possible place to have indoor fly ins in exchange for the instructional services. The church representative indicated that we could rent the space for such events if we wanted. If interested in instructing for the church you can contact Vic and he can give you contact information.
  • WACAMA Business
    • WACAMA letters have been mailed and are being mailed in small groups as received. If you have not received yours yet and have paid please check with Vic.
    • Please display your badge when flying. We may have visits from the county park rangers checking that you have your badges
    • Check your keys to ensure they work
    • As discussed previously…
      • 2019 Keys will work until 01/31/2020.
      • 2020 keys that have been issued will currently work in the locks and continue working after 01/31/2020
      • When the locks are re-keyed on 01/31/2020 you will only be able to remove the key from the lock when it is in the locked position
  • NEW BUSINESS
    • Park Rules/Safety
      • Please follow the rules regarding spectators. It presents a safety hazard when groups of spectators are in the pit area or on the flight line. The rules are for everyone’s safety.
      • Friendly reminder: The park is a non-smoking area as designated by the county. Please refrain from smoking in the park. There are members who do not want to be around it. Please be considerate of others.
    • US Flag
      • The flag was recently replaced by Jim. WACAMA is not responsible for this so the FAPA has been taking care of this. Thanks Jim for being diligent on keeping the flag maintained and flying the flag properly.
    • First Aid Kit
      • A request was made to WACAMA to update/replace the first aid supplies in the first aid kit. They agreed and will be taking care of this.
  • NEXT MEETING The Galway Hooker. February 06, 2020 @ 7pm

December 2019 Club Meeting Minutes (12/05/19)

  • OLD BUSINESS
    • 2020 Fly Ins
      • Potential dates were discussed again during the meeting. Vic is going to verify dates of other clubs fly ins.
      • Tentative Dates:
        • Mar 21 – Spring Fly In (Theme TBA)
        • May 16 – Summer Fly In (Theme TBA)
        • October 17 – Warbirds Over Waymer
    • Pit Tables and Flying Stations
      • Jay completed the replacement of the table tops for the pit tables. They look great and the tops should provide years of usability. THANKS JAY!!
      • Jay is also working on new pilot stations and expects to have them complete by the end of December.
  • NEW BUSINESS
    • Church Education Programs / Fly In Space
      • Vic was approached by a Church in Huntersville on 73 about assisting in some educational programs that they are wanting to provide. Classes on flight, RC models and building, etc. Vic is meeting with the church representative to discuss and take a look at the space.
    • WACAMA Business
      • WACAMA letters to be mailed week of Dec 9th
      • 2019 Keys will work until 01/31/2020.
      • 2020 keys that have been issued will currently work in the locks and continue working after 01/31/2020
      • When the locks are re-keyed on 01/31/2020 you will only be able to remove the key from the lock when it is in the locked position
    • FRIENDLY REMINDER:
      • As WACAMA members we are responsible for ensuring the charging station, awning and our gate are locked each day when we finish flying. Even if the county gate is opened we need to lock out side and protect our equipment.
    • Meeting Location
      • A motion was made to keep the meeting location at Galway Hooker for our indoor winter meetings. A vote was taken and passed. We will continue meeting at the Galway Hooker through March 2020. Our first meeting at the field will be in April 2020.
  • NEXT MEETING The Galway Hooker. January 09, 2020 @ 7pm

November 2019 Club Meeting Minutes (11/08/19)

  • 2020 Fly Ins
    • We discussed our 2020 Fly In dates. We also discussed whether these should be sanctioned events. There is a cost to associated with this but we do get better exposure as it gets posted in the AMA magazine. It is probably too late to get our Spring Fly In sanctioned, but we could get the others sanctioned.
    • 2020 Fly In Dates:
      • May 21 – Spring Fly In (Theme TBA)
      • May 16 – Summer Fly In (Theme TBA)
      • October 17 – Warbirds Over Waymer
  • Flying Tables and Pilot Stations
    • Jay Kuster, club Vice-President, has worked hard on getting the flight line tabletops repaired. Thanks for your hard work on this Jay!!!
    • Jay is also working on making new pilot stations. He is going to build the frames at his house. They will be designed like the two stations recently added to each end of the flight line. We will need help finishing the frames with the safety netting. Time TBA, we will send out a message. The safety netting is screwed into the PVC (with a lot of screws). Anyone willing to help please bring your cordless drill on the announced workday.
  • Membership Review/Club Participation
    • We are averaging about 3 new members a week
    • A current club goal is to increase meeting participation
      • Having a raffle at the meeting for a few meetings
      • Discussed having a quick class at the meeting (FPV, model setup, etc)
  • New meeting location:
    • Our next monthly meeting will be held at The Galway Hooker. We have access to a private room there. Details to follow with next meeting announcement.
  • Club Notifications/Communications:
    • We have been using a new text message/email system for club announcements. If you didn’t receive an announcement for the last club meeting please let a club officer know and make sure your contact information is up to date.
  • Club Exposure
    • Discussed being a good neighbor to the neighborhoods that are quickly growing up around us. We need to ensure we are being friendly and proactive with visitors from the neighborhoods.
    • Being friendly and answering questions with any visitors go a long way to promoting a good image for the club and the field.
    • We discussed getting better signage for the club. Vic is going to look into this. We used to have club specific signage.
    • Please join our Facebook page, @flyingacesrc. We post updates and info there too. Feel free to post your RC related stuff there too.

October Club Meeting Minutes (10/05/19)

  • Club Officer Elections for 2020 – Elections were held, please congratulate the new officers.
    • President:
      • Vic Duniec
    • Vice President:
      • Jay Kuster
    • Treasurer:
      • Andy Dazzo
    • Secretary:
      • Dwayne Moody
    • Safety Officer:
      • Joe Klabnik
    • WACAMA Representatives:
      • Trey Chanter
      • Vic Duniec
  • The fly in was held September 21st, attendants had a great time
  • Hats have been purchased
  • No update on the new pilots stations or remaining benches

September Club Meeting Minutes (09/07/19)

  • Fly Ins – September fly in is on Sept 21st at 9am. Warbird themed but all welcome.
  • FAPA Hat purchase – Motion made and passed for the club to purchase 100 FAPA hats at $10.20 ea for paying members.
  • US Flag – Concern was raised about the maintenance of the flag. The bracket has been repaired and a new flag has been purchased. This is to be reimbursed by WACAMA as it is related to the facilities in the park. We need yo make sure we replace the flag regularly.
  • Park Care – The topic of kids throwing rocks on the roof of the shelter was raised. Please be aware of children doing this if you are at the park. We are all responsible for making sure the park is taken care of and not abused. Please remind parents and children of this if you see them throwing rocks.
  • Flight line benches – Many of the tables have been repaired with new composite decking tops. Please thank our VP Jay Kuster for this. There are still a few table that need repairing. Please contact Jay if you would like to assist with getting these repaired. Thanks Jay the tables look really good.
  • Pilot Stations – Two new pilot stations were built and installed earlier this year. Again thanks to Jay Kuster for taking on this task. A motion was made to replace all of the old stations with this new design. Motion seconded and passed. Please contact Jay or Max if you would like to help with this task.
  • Club and WACAMA Membership – A motion was made to officially align the FAPA and WACAMA club membership and dues. This alignment has any new member joins FAPA and/or WACAMA after Oct 1st of any given year will not have their membership expire until Dec 31 of the following year. We have been ding this in practice, but the vote makes it official.
  • Club Officer Nominations for 2020 – We took nominations for club officers for 2020. A vote will be held at the next club meeting to vote on these nominations. Nominations can be made up to the time of the vote at the next meeting. Nominations and votes can be conducted by proxy in writing to a current club officer prior to the next meetings vote. The current accepted nominations for 2020 are:
    • President:
      • Vic Duniec
    • Vice President:
      • Jay Kuster
    • Treasurer:
      • Andy Dazzo
    • Secretary:
      • Dwayne Moody
    • Safety Officer:
      • Terry Hickey
      • Joe Klabnik
    • WACAMA Representatives:
      • Trey Chanter
      • Vic Duniec

August Club Meeting Minutes (08/03/19)

  • We will have nominations for club officers in preparation for the elections at the October meeting.
  • Please see Anthony Durrah for WACAMA membership, keys, and issues.
  • I will be out of town for our next fly in on September 21st. VP Jay is in charge and Sec Dwayne is doing the raffle
  • I have not been able to contact Suzi about the Carl Wagner memorial float fly tentatively the 24th of August.

June Club Meeting Minutes (06/01/19)

  • Coming Soon

May Club Meeting Minutes (05/04/19)

  • Larry Moore Old Timer Fly In is June 22 @9am. Click here to view the Flyer
  • We raised about $1400 for Suzi selling Carl’s items.
  • We are also going to discuss a flyin/ BBQ at Suzi’s at the next meeting
  • People have still not received 2019 passes and keys from WACAMA.
  • Please contact Evan if you are a FAPA member and have not received a pass you paid for.

April Club Meeting Minutes (04/07/19)

  • Spektrum Programming Class/ float flying – We had ten attend the class on programming Spektrum radios and fly float planes at Carl and Suzi’s house. We had pizzas, drinks and a great time.
  • Dwayne was volunteered to acquire the raffle prizes for the next flyin, The Larry Moore.

Mar Club Meeting Minutes (03/07/19)

  • Go Green Fly In – Flyer is available on the events page. Discussed event planning (drinks, etc). Terry will run the raffle, thank you Dwayne for getting the prizes. Jay will run for pizzas and Jim is going to bring drinks. The event will begin at 9am with a Pilots Meeting.
  • Flying Stations – Jay has made two new pilot stations. One has been added to each end of the flight line. Thanks Jay!
  • Spektrum Programing Class/ float flying – We have been invited to Carls house to hold a class on programing Spek radios and fly float planes. This will be Friday 3/29/2019 at 6pm. We will supply pizzas and drinks. If you would like to attend contact Evan for the address.
  • Smooth Flying – It has been requested to have a “smooth” flying class session during the next meeting. We will see what we can do.
  • Charging Station Maintenance – Jay has volunteered to check the charging stations batteries.
  • Upcoming Events
    • FAPA Go Green Fly In, WACAMA – March 16
    • Wind &Wings Event, NC Transportation Museum – March 22 &23
    • FAPA April Club Meeting, Waymer Field – April 06 Noon
    • Sugar Valley fly-in – April 06
    • NSCRA Pattern Contest, CLT Aeromodelers, May 18 & 19

Feb Club Meeting Minutes (02/07/19)

  • FAA Renewals – discussed if FAA renewals were required as some people mentioned theirs had expired. Currently FAA registration is not listed as a requirement to fly at Waymer, but the FAA says your are required to be registered to fly as part of a community based organization. Please go to https://faadronezone.faa.gov/#/ to ensure you are complying with any regulations.
  • Go Green Fly In – Flyer is available on the events page. Discussed event planning (drinks, etc). Jim is going to bring drinks. We discussed signs for the club/event. Jim has the old original sign and mentioned we could put it back up along Rt 115 as it was in the past. Someone mentioned a permit may be required to this. We will at least put it out for the fly in. Terry will handle ticket sales for the raffle. We have tickets left over from the last event. Depending on the number of participants we may use armbands for pilots.
  • WACAMA Pass/Gate Keys – Some people mentioned they have not received their keys yet and were worried the lock would be changed. This is a WACAMA issue and should be discussed with them. Many people have received theirs and there should be another batch sent out soon.
  • Flying Stations – Jay is working on new pilot stations. One will be added to each end of the flight line. It is planned to have these completed before the March fly in.
  • Flight Line Tables – We discussed repairing the flight line tables again. We have access to composite decking for about half of the tables. The club would just need to purchase screws to fix the boards to the tables. It was agreed to go ahead and do this. We will need some volunteers to assist with this when the work gets started.
  • Park Driveway – It was mentioned that a request has been made to the county to repair the road and add gravel as needed. This needs to be confirmed with WACAMA.
  • Field Safety – There have been many instances of unsafe practices at the field. Especially on the flight line. People flying from the runway, not calling landings, ignoring calls for landing, flying behind the pilots stations are just a few of these situations. All of the present a safety hazard to both people and aircraft. We have a safety officer who is doing a good job, but it is ALL of our responsibility to make sure we are being safe. If you see someone doing something unsafe let please let them know in a courteous manner they need to follow the rules. We also discussed new signage stating the rules. This needs to be discussed with WACAMA. It was decided that there will be a mandatory pilots meeting at 9am on for the next fly in where the rules for the park and event will be presented to all pilots.
  • Charging Station Use – A reminder needs to be issued to everyone that uses the charging station. When you are not charging on busy days please disconnect/move your charger/gear to make room for others. General courtesy in this area is appreciated. A sign will be made and posted above the charging table to remind people of this.
  • New OpenTX User Group – Several people are adopting the OpenTX operating system. There is a group of people interested in this and a flyer has been posted on the bulletin board for those interested in learning more.
  • Upcoming Events
    • FAPA MArch Club Meeting, Bob Evans – March 07
    • FAPA Go Green Fly In, WACAMA – March 16
    • Wind &Wings Event, NC Transportation Museum – March 22 &23
    • NSCRA Pattern Contest, CLT Aeromodelers, May 18 & 19